Welcome, members new and old!
I just wanted to restate some of the things we went over at our first meeting today.
- We started off with a short writing activity about the origin of our names. After, we went around the room and introduced ourselves and the genres of writing we like.
- FIT Words uses the following points system:
- Attending a meeting - 5
- Suggestions - 5
- Attending a guest speaker - 10
- Baking/preparing for an event - 10
- Helping out at an event - 10
- Participating in community service - 15
- Holding an officer position - 40
- We communicate mostly through email, but please check this blog for re-caps and event notices.
- Our club will schedule a bake sale as our fundraiser at some point during the semester.
- We discussed a few possible community service ideas and listed the breast cancer or Light the Night walks, or helping at the Community Word Project (if available). If you have any other ideas, please let us know.
- The floor was opened for possible guest speakers, activities, and events. Almost all members showed a strong interest in poetry and a few were interested in screenwriting. Colin Gilbert (myspace.com/colinrgilbert) was also recommended and may be in NY in November. Thanks for the great feedback!
Our next meeting will most likely be a writing workshop, so start thinking of a piece you would like to bring in. I will let you know as soon as we pick a date.
See you soon,